2018 Never Drink And Drive Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in the Never Drink and Drive Scholarship Essay Competition.
Over the years, Johnson Attorneys Group has represented countless victims of drunk driving in California and helped them obtain compensation for their many financial losses. Unfortunately, their losses often extend beyond what any monetary award provides. Indeed, the emotional toll on a victim who is injured, or the family of a loved one who has died in a collision, is significant. Most likely, they will never be the same.
More than 10,000 people are killed annually in DUI crashes throughout the United States, about a third of all traffic-related deaths. Also, 1.1 million drivers are arrested for DUI, but unfortunately about 111 million people drive drunk in the U.S. each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We hope you, your family and friends are never involved in a collision with a DUI driver and we hope participants in this scholarship competition join our fight to put an end to drunk driving forever.
- How has drunk driving affected you, a friend or family member?
- Why should we care about drunk driving?
- How would you bring awareness to drunk driving prevention in your community?
Scholarship essay should be at least 500 words.
- High school seniors planning to attend a college or university.
- Enrolled college students.
The cutoff deadline to submit scholarship entries is Sunday, March 11, 2018, at midnight.
To raise awareness about the dangers of drunken driving among young people.
How to Enter:
Share your 500-word or less essay link on your Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or other social media sites with the hashtag #NeverDrinkAndDrive.
- The student must be enrolled in a U.S. college or university by Fall 2018 to apply for this scholarship.
- Proof of enrollment must be presented before the scholarship is granted.
- No GPA minimum is required.
- The official rules are provided here. (see copy below and use as a hyperlink)
Johnson Attorneys Group has been a longtime supporter and advocate of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) in their efforts to put an end to drunken driving.
- Students must be enrolled in a college or university by Fall 2018 to be eligible for this contest.
- Submissions are due by March 8, 2018.
- Winners will be contacted by email and or telephone.
How to Enter:
- Please submit your story here. You will need to provide your name, address, telephone number and school you are attending or planning to attend.
- Your story will be reviewed by our legal team and uploaded to our website. The URL to your story will be emailed to you. Once you share your story on social media, it will be verified and eligible to be chosen as a winner. Please make sure that your privacy settings on Facebook or elsewhere are set to public for this post during the competition.
- Make sure you use our hashtag #NeverDrinkAndDrive in your post to be eligible to win.
- The submission with the most votes will be chosen as our winner.
- Only one winner will be chosen for the scholarship annually.
- The winner will be notified within 30 days of contest close.
- Johnson Attorneys Group employees and their family members may not enter or win the scholarship.
- Winner may need to provide proof they are enrolled in a college
- Any submissions that are not original or plagiarized will be disqualified. All entries received will be scanned through Copyscape to confirm they are original.
- If a winning submission has been plagiarized it will be disqualified and a runner-up will be chosen.
- All submissions to the Johnson Attorneys Group scholarship competition become copyright ownership of our law firm. We are entitled to use your name, school, story publicly on our websites, social media or any marketing efforts.