Infant Nearly Drowns in Banning Pool on Nicolet Street
Toddler Almost Drowns in Swimming Pool
BANNING (June 26, 2017)- According to the Press-Enterprise, a toddler nearly drowned after an incident Sunday morning at the 800 block of W. Nicolet Street.
Banning Police officials responded to a 911 call at 10:15 a.m. informing them that an infant was pulled out from a pool.
The fire department and paramedics arrived to assist with the incident as it remains unclear whether the toddler was at a residence or community pool.
Paramedics took the infant by ambulance to a hospital where the victim remains in stable condition at this time.
No further details have been released.
Based on this news report, it remains unclear what exactly happened and may have caused the victim to nearly drown. First off, was it a residential pool or a community pool? If it was a community pool, was it properly supervised by a lifeguard? Was the pool left unsecured and unattended? Did the swimming pool contain any hazardous filtration equipment and has it met all standard safety code rules and regulations?
If it was a pool at a residence, it is at the risk of the home or property owner who they allow in their pool or near the premises. Property owners in these circumstances must make take it upon themselves to assure the pool and surroundings are safe and free of any dangers or hazardous material. Banning Police officials will thoroughly investigate this incident and will determine whether or not there was any wrongdoing.
Do you or a loved one have suffered injuries from a near drowning experience, do not hesitate and call us today for a free consultation for your personal injury case at 800-235-6801.