If you have sustained a chiropractor malpractice injury, the personal injury lawyers at the Johnson Attorneys Group are here for you. To learn more or schedule a free case evaluation, call us at 1-800-208-3538. We don’t charge any legal fees up front and can help you get the best medical care available – even if you don’t have insurance. Call today!
California Medical Malpractice LawsCalifornia law defines negligence as a person not acting as a prudent person would act in a similar situation. This generally refers to taking actions that were inappropriate or ill-chosen. However, it can refer to a chiropractor failing to take an action he or she should have taken. The negligent person could be the chiropractor, a chiropractic assistant, or even the manufacturer of faulty medical equipment used in the chiropractor's office. It's important not to wait to file a medical malpractice lawsuit in California. The Statute of limitations is three years from the time of treatment or one year from the time the injury was discovered.
What Type of Compensation is Available?If you were injured due to the negligence or carelessness of a chiropractor or other medical professional, California law allows for a variety of compensation awards. This compensation may include the following:
- Medical treatment – Funds necessary to pay for trips to the hospital, tests, treatment and/or prescriptions
- Doctor’s treatment – Money to pay your doctors, in and out of the hospital
- Pain and suffering – Compensation for the physical and/or mental pain and suffering that resulted from the injury
- Lost wages and lost future earnings – If your injury has prevented you from working, either temporarily or permanently, you may be entitled to money to make up for your lost wages and give you and your family money to pay your household bills.
- Punitive Damages – For the most serious malpractice cases, compensation meant to punish negligent party may be awarded.
An Experienced California Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Get the Maximum Recovery for Your Chiropractic Malpractice InjuryRelying on an insurance company lawyer or representative to get you the compensation you need for your malpractice injury is rarely a good idea. The primary goal of the insurance company is not your well-being, but rather the company's "bottom line." You need someone with solely your interests in mind. That's where the Johnson Attorney's Group can help. We can assist you in getting the maximum settlement for your chiropractic malpractice injury.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of a chiropractor or other medical professional, we need an experienced malpractice lawyer. To learn more and/or to schedule a complimentary case evaluation, call us at 1-800-208-3538.