Many people get hurt while on the premises owned or managed by someone else. If you get hurt because of their negligence, then you are entitled to compensation for ALL of your losses. In order to benefit from the laws that have been passed to protect your rights, though, you must act promptly and assertively. Contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible is in your best interest if you’ve been involved in a slip and fall accident due to someone else’s negligence.
Even if you have a strong case, you can greatly reduce your chances of getting the compensation you are entitled to by not doing several important things. These things include not seeing a doctor soon after the injury, not taking pictures or videos of the injury, and, most important of all, not seeing a personal injury attorney ASAP.
California Slip & Fall Accidents Law
Most important facts to keep in mind:
- Property owners and managers are responsible for the safety of occupants and visitors while on the premises under the “premises liability” personal injury laws. Property owners/managers, therefore, can be held responsible for any accidents that can be directly attributable to their failure (i.e., “negligence”) to keep the premises safe and harm or injury is subsequently inflicted.
- Property owners/managers have an understood responsibility under California law to make sure that:
- Stairways are evenly & sturdily floorboarded
- They keep a close eye on the condition of their property
- Floors people walk on are free of protruding screws, nails, or bumps, as well as of torn or uneven flooring
- Slippery chemicals are not left on floors during public use
- Inspections of the property are conducted for safety status on a regular basis
- The entire property is kept relatively safe, including parking lots, driveways, lawns, adjoining lots, and walkways
- Some of the most likely causes of a slip and fall accident include:
- Uneven rugs, carpets & tiles
- Cracks & other imperfections in sidewalks
- Not using “Wet Floor” signs
- Sidewalks left too icy; failing to treat such areas appropriately
- No adequate handrails for stairways
- Escalators & elevators that malfunction or fail to guard adequately against a specific mishap
- Unclearly or inappropriately marked ramps, steps or not-easy-to-manage walkways
- The injured person(s) may request compensation for medical costs, time lost from work, not being to attend school, lost income, pain and suffering, and any other “loss” that can be directly attributable to the accident.
- You must sustain a verifiable harm or injury; in other words, if you have what looks like a nasty accident, but no verifiable injury/harm can be proven (preferably with medical records) or you fail to see a doctor within a reasonable time, then you may not have a legal case.
What Benefits Can You Expect From Our Experienced, Caring Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Someone qualified to take on the army of lawyers working for the insurance companies and against you
- Someone that is familiar with the complicated personal injury laws in California and is, therefore, able to give you the best possible advice as to what to do next or what you shouldn’t do (that may hurt your case)
- You won’t be charged a fee unless the case is successfully argued; if so, you merely pay a percentage of the settlement (a settlement, we might add, that you won’t get without adequate representation)
- Someone that won’t let you accept a settlement that isn’t fair and equitable; insurance companies want you to accept a settlement that usually isn’t fair or equitable
- The services of our attorney that has already obtained millions in financial settlements/benefits to victims of slip and fall accidents
- Getting a free, comprehensive consultation
- The ability to see our attorney near you, for your convenience
- The ability to contact our attorney ASAP; we are available 24/7
- Hablamos Espanol
- Personalized service that is custom-fit to your unique needs, desires and expectations
Have you Been Hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident in California?
If you have gotten hurt because of a slip and fall accident that you feel was the fault of the property owner or manager, then the sooner you call us, the sooner you can get the justice you’re entitled to. Contact our Johnson Attorneys Group in California today for a free case evaluation.