What Are Client Rights
Every state will have professional codes to regulate client/attorney relationships. They all will be based on the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Model Rules of Professional Conduct. Some law offices will go even further, such as promising clients good customer service with regular communications concerning the progress of their legal case. The Johnson Attorney Group stands behind the 10 ABA rules governing client rights, in addition to treating all our clients with respect, courtesy, and confidentiality.
Your Legal Bill of Rights
- We offer competent legal representation through lawyers, paralegals, and law clerks that are prepared and have the required skills, experience, and education.
- Our secretary or paralegal staff will supply copies of all documentation attached to your case file upon request.
- We will consult with our clients on the legal options that are open to them, but the client makes the final decisions concerning their legal representation.
- Our job is to provide honest feedback and truthful consultation about your case, even when the information may be bad news.
- Regardless of your race, religion, gender or sexual orientation, we treat our clients with respect, compassion, and dignity.
- Our staff will make itself available to answer your calls and respond promptly concerning updates on your case.
- When a Johnson Attorney handles your case, you can expect prompt responses and diligent progress concerning the progress of all legal proceedings.
- If the court hands down a decision or the circumstances of your case change, we promptly inform our clients of any changes in status.
- We charge fair legal fees for the services we provide, and our clients are informed of our fee schedules before we take on their case.
- Your confidentiality is important to you, and to us. You have the right to give informed consent before information is disclosed to authorities.
- We do not represent clients if a conflict of interest would adversely affect that client or another client that we represent.
- Johnson Attorneys and our staff will not enter into business transactions with other entities that will negatively affect our clients.
Clients should fully understand any legal fee structures offered by an attorney, and they should expect the law firm to hold true to all agreements concerning fees and when payments are expected. This includes any charges for an initial consultation. The Johnson Attorney Group offers free case evaluations and there is no legal fee unless we win or settle your case.
You can contact someone on our staff 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. And with 12 convenient locations, we are positioned where our California clients need us and can visit our offices, if needed. As our client, Johnson Attorney Group will take the time with each of our clients to ensure they fully understand the legal process. We lead them through the process of getting better.