If you or a loved one has been a victim of a delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis, a personal injury lawyer from Johnson Attorneys Group will fight to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Johnson Attorneys Group charges no fee for our services unless we settle or win your case.
California Misdiagnosis and Delayed DiagnosisWhen a doctor fails to provide the level of care necessary to correctly diagnose a patient, it can potentially cause many different problems. The patient can be prescribed the wrong medication or a proposed treatment regimen can make the patient's condition worse. Here are some examples of how a delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis can seriously harm a patient:
- Cancer: Early diagnosis is often critical for cancer patients. A late diagnosis can result in much more costly treatments and the patient may suffer a great deal of physical pain if the cancer progresses unchecked.
- Stroke: If a stroke is diagnosed quickly and correctly, patients can sometimes make a full recovery. A stroke misdiagnosis can lead to paralysis, reduced mental capacity or even death.
- Heart Attack: Heart attack victims need immediate care. A delayed diagnosis can lead to heart damage or wrongful death.
- Infections: A carelessly misdiagnosed infection can lead to serious injury or death, if a doctor prescribes the wrong antibiotics to treat a patient.
Johnson Attorneys Group has successfully helped Californians recover damages for these and other types of medical misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis.
Compensation for Misdiagnosis and Delayed DiagnosisA medical misdiagnosis can severely impact a patient's quality of life or even lead to a wrongful death. People who suffer because of a bad diagnosis in California can sue for damages for the following:
- Lost wages and future lost wages
- Medical bills (past and future)
- Bodily injury
- Pain and suffering
- Disability or disfigurement as a result of the misdiagnosis