Lawyer for Nursing Home Abuse in California
Nursing home abuse runs rampant throughout the country. The FBI reports that in a typical recent case, there was:
- Not enough food for the residents
- Not enough air conditioning or heat
- Leaking roofs requiring barrels and sheets to catch rain water
- Mildew, mold, uncollected trash
- Flies and rodents everywhere
This is just one example of the conditions that our dear loved ones might be subjected to. If you discover that you or your loved one is being abused in a nursing home, assisted care facility or other retirement institution, you may contact the Johnson Attorneys Group for a free consultation to discuss the pursuit of compensation.
Numerous Types of Nursing Home Abuse
It is nothing less than horrifying and shocking to discover that your parent, grandparent or other loved one has been subjected to various forms of abuse, including:
- Sexual abuse – aides and other employees take sexual advantage of helpless, weak, elderly victims
- Thievery – assets, communication and personal items are often stolen from the victim
- Medication manipulation – residents are often improperly medicated and in many cases forced to take drugs that keep them physically restrained
- Malnourishment and dehydration – incredibly, residents are unfed and dehydrated
What You Can Do About Nursing Home Abuse
Immediately upon learning about your loved one’s mistreatment, it is advisable to contact an experienced nursing home abuse attorney who can take proper legal action to halt the misconduct and pursue compensation from the responsible parties. Nursing home management, as well as aides and other personnel will be investigated. In many cases the facility has a history of abusive conduct. Residents often hide their abusive treatment because of threats by the victimizers. The Johnson Attorneys Group has recovered more than $50 million in recent years for nursing home abuse victims and other forms of personal injury cases.
You Pay No Fees Unless We Win Your Case – Call For a Complimentary Consultation
The attorneys at the Johnson Attorneys Group will take your case on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay any upfront legal fees – and no fees at all – unless we successfully settle or resolve your case. It is always important to take action at the earliest possible time to preserve your legal rights to compensatory damages. For a phone or office appointment, call Johnson Attorneys Group at 1-800-208-3538.