PALM SPRINGS: One Electrocuted, 6 Injured at Swimming Pool on Yosemite Drive
Fatal Victim ID’ed as James Tramel, 6 Others Injured
PALM SPRINGS, California (March 29, 2016) — James Tramel, 43, of Burlingame, was electrocuted as he attempted to rescue his two daughters Sunday afternoon as they were suffering from electric shock while swimming in a backyard pool with faulty electrical wiring, the Riverside County Sheriff’s Coroner reported.
A total of seven people were shocked in the pool during an Easter Sunday party. The San Francisco area family was vacationing in the Coachella Valley at the family home located in the 2300 block of Yosemite Drive. They were enjoying a swim in the pool when the father James Tramel noticed his daughters were being shocked in the water. He reportedly jumped into the pool to help his two daughters.
Paramedics rushed at least seven people to the hospital, but the man died of his injuries at Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs. The 9-year-old girl suffered critical injuries and was taken to Loma Linda Medical Center along with her 10-year-old sister who is listed in stable condition.
Four other people were treated at the hospital, but they have since been released.
The Palm Springs Police Department is heading up an investigation into the incident, but preliminary results indicate that faulty pool equipment is to blame. Swimmers who were further away from the equipment managed to get out of the pool safely.
“Swimming pool equipment should be inspected annually to ensure wiring is properly grounded,” said Attorney James Johnson. “The homeowner of this pool can be held liable for those injured or who have lost a loved one in a case such as this one.”
If you were injured or have lost a loved one in an incident such as this one, Johnson Attorneys Group can help by providing a free legal consultation at 800-235-6801.