Pedestrian Accident Attorney in California
Pedestrian accidents are those that occur between a moving vehicle and an individual. Some of the most horrendous accidents occur when a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle during normal daily activities, such as:
- Crossing the street
- Jogging, rollerblading, pushing a stroller
- Helping a child or elder get to their destination on foot
- Sitting on a bus bench or sidewalk café
- Simply standing alone or in a small group
These pedestrian accidents are generally avoidable and often caused by driver inattention, drunk driving, texting or speeding. The Johnson Attorneys Group has an outstanding record of helping personal injury victims. In recent years they have recovered more than $97 million for accident victims and their families.
California Pedestrian Accident Statistics
Pedestrian accident statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) report:
- 5,376 pedestrians were killed in traffic crashes in the United States. This averages to one crash-related pedestrian death every 1.6 hours.
More than one-fifth of the children 14 and younger killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians.
- Almost 129,000 pedestrians were treated in emergency departments for non-fatal crash-related injuries. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2015
- Hospital treatment
- Medical care
- Rehabilitative treatment
- Loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering – mental anguish
- Loss of consortium – spousal, sexual relations
- Property damage – car repair or replacement
- In cases where the pedestrian loses their life, survivors may seek wrongful death compensation
Pedestrian fatalities are often caused by driver inattention and distraction, meaning they are largely avoidable. If you were injured in a pedestrian accident, it is advisable to safeguard your legal rights to compensation by obtaining the counsel of an experienced pedestrian accident attorney.
Compensation for Pedestrian Accidents
If you were injured in a pedestrian accident that was partially or fully the fault of a driver, you may seek compensation from that negligent party. Compensation is intended to help restore the injured party to the state that they were in prior to the accident. Monetary compensation may include the following:
No Fees Unless We Settle or Win Your Case – Call for a Free Consultation
Johnson Attorneys Group does not charge any legal fees unless we successfully settle your case with the insurance company or win in court. This contingency fee arrangement allows your case to proceed while you concentrate on healing. We are skillful negotiators and we seek the appropriate dollar amount for you from the insurance company. If they do not offer a satisfactory amount, we will not hesitate to seek a jury verdict in court. In fact, the great majority of cases are successfully settled out of court. Call our office at 800-208-3538 to speak with an attorney.