Under the area of law known as premises liability, property owners and property management companies are responsible for the safety and well-being of their invitees and guests. In most instances, they are even liable for the safety of trespassers. The property owner or their designee has the duty to maintain the premises in a manner that is reasonable and safe. For example, if an individual walks into a store in the mall and trips over defective, uneven flooring, they may seek monetary compensation in an Inland Empire personal injury slip and fall case.
The Property Owner Owes a Duty to the Public in Slip and Fall Situations
Whether in a private home, store, mall, school, office building or other property, property owners owe a duty to those who enter their premises:
- Flooring must be maintained in a safe manner, without protruding nails or bumps
- Stairways must have floorboards that are sturdy and safe
- Floors must not be covered with slippery substances
- Walkways, driveways, parking lots and other frequented areas must be properly maintained
- Property owners have the duty to pay attention to the condition of their premises
- The property owner should make frequent inspections of the flooring and premises to ensure safety
Slip and Fall Accident Causes:
- No Wet Floor Signs
- Cracked sidewalks
- Uneven carpets or rugs
- Ice covered sidewalks
- Poorly-marked steps or ramps
- Stairways without adequate handrails
- Malfunctioning elevators and escalators
Injured Parties from a Slip and Fall Accident May Seek Compensation From the Property Owner or Management
Businesses open their doors to the public and have a duty to maintain the premises safely. If a person trips on a broken tile or slips on a greasy spot, the property owner may be liable for the damages that result. The injured party may seek compensation for medical costs, doctor’s bills, hospital costs, pain and suffering, loss of earnings and other damages in a person injury claim. It is important to contact your injury attorney at the earliest possible time to preserve your rights.
Contact our California Slip and Fall Attorney for a Free Case Evaluation; No Fees Unless We Win
Johnson Attorneys Group represents victims of slip and fall accidents. They have recovered more than $98.4 million dollars in settlements and verdicts for their clients in personal injury cases over the past few years. At Johnson Attorneys Group, there are no up-front fees and there are no costs at all unless your case is successfully settled or won in court. They offer a free consultation to discuss your case and to help you understand your potential courses of action. To schedule your complimentary consultation, call Johnson Attorneys Group at 1-800-208-3538.