If you have been injured or have lost a loved one in a traffic accident in Orange County, you will want to find the best personal injury lawyer available to help you obtain a top settlement. So how do you find the best attorney in your area who is qualified to take your case?
There are many internet resources available to find competent local attorneys including the Yellow Pages, Super Pages, Google searches, AVVO, Super Lawyers, Yelp and more. Sometimes finding the best attorney for you is by asking a friend or relative for a referral or recommendation. A trusted chiropractor may also be a good choice for a recommendation.
“Selecting the right personal injury attorney to guide you through the legal process is similar to finding a good doctor or dentist,” said Attorney James Johnson. “There are many good attorneys out there, but the only way to know if they are going to be a good fit with your case is to speak to the attorney and ask them questions.”
So what do you need to ask an attorney to find out if they are a good fit for your situation? First of all, you can do a search on Google to find attorneys in your area who handle personal injury or car accidents. Make a list of at least five attorneys you wish to contact. Next, go to the California Bar Association website and make sure those on your list have a clean record.
The following is a list of questions designed to help you find the right attorney for your particular situation.
Top 10 Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Attorney Before you Hire them
1. Tell me why I should hire you to handle this particular case?
2. Have you handled similar cases to mine and what was the outcome?
3. What happens if I’m not willing to accept a settlement offer?
4. Are you a trial attorney? Make sure the answer to this is yes. If the answer is no, it means if your case requires litigation the attorney will likely give your case to another firm to handle. Many smaller firms do not have the resources or expertise to handle litigation and only settle cases out of court.
5. How long do you estimate it will take to resolve my particular claim based on past cases you have handled?
6. Will I be able to speak with you directly when needed if I have a question?
7. How many cases are you currently handling and do you have the resources to handle my case?
8. Have you ever been suspended from practicing law? If so, when and why?
9. What is your contingency fee?
10. Who pays the costs associated with my case?
If you are injured in a traffic accident through no fault of your own, Johnson Attorneys Group can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION today by contacting us at (800) 235-6801.
- Rick Folley Jamestown Pedestrian Accident on Wigwam Road - February 11, 2019
- Oscar Cordoza Exeter Bicycle Accident on Visalia Road - February 11, 2019
- Pat Campbell Tuolumne Motorcycle Accident on Carmack Lane - February 11, 2019