Accident victims struggle to recover physically, emotionally, and financially. Recovery from serious injuries involves stressful discussions with insurance companies, paying medical bills, dealing with repairs of property damage, and possibly working to regain lost physical capabilities for performing daily tasks—all while coping with pain and suffering. After a serious accident, you must be able to focus on getting your necessary medical treatment.
You need a personal injury lawyer who will help you find the right doctor to work with you through your recovery, even if you don’t have insurance. At Johnson Attorneys Group, our California personal attorneys make sure that everything that can be done is done to help ensure that you receive all financial compensation that you deserve for your injuries. The information below is to help you understand your rights and the actions you should take if you have been involved in a California Universal Studios injury accident.
How Does a Universal Studios Injury Occur?
There are many possible causes of accidents at Universal Studios. People or entities responsible for injuries, and/or losses, and damages from careless actions or negligence at the park can be required to compensate victims. Generally, personal injury cases involving Universal Studios arise because of:
- Broken bones due to being hit by amusement park train
- Heart attacks due to unpredictable incidents inside the park
- Lacerations, eye injuries, etc., due to impact from falling parts of mechanical rides
- Broken bones from falling due to being startled by unexpected events in the surroundings
- Equipment malfunction as the result of carelessness or negligence by park personnel
- Inappropriate action by a park security officer, or by an inexperienced, careless, or negligent performer or employee
- Various other acts of carelessness or negligence in the Universal Studios amusement park
What are the California Universal Studios Laws Regarding Injuries?
Universal Studios, and/or its contractors, customers, or other private individuals visiting the park may be held legally accountable by the California civil court for injuries that occur as consequences of their acts of careless or negligence.
What constitutes an act of negligence?
- Duty — Under California Civil Code § 1714(a), people have a duty to anyone who may be placed in danger by his/her conduct. For example, the amusement park has a duty of care for pedestrians at its train crossings and for passengers on rides to make sure that its employees’ actions do not result in injuries to park visitors at those locations.
- Causation — Plaintiffs in personal injury cases must also prove either that the breach of duty, mentioned above, actually caused the injuries and that the injury would not have occurred if the other party had not acted as he/she did. Or, in certain cases, the plaintiff must show that reasonable people would perceive that the incident significantly contributed to the plaintiff’s suffering in more than a trivial way.
- Breach — The injured person must also show that there was a breach of the defendant’s duty. The facts of what the accused party did are considered by the court. For example, if a ride operator failed to fasten a safety restraint for a parking customer who was then thrown from the ride as a result, the operator may be found in breach of his/her duty. Or, if a park employee violated a statute, and that violation resulted in an injury, the court may find that a breach has occurred.
Other kinds of cases that may be brought to the California civil court in the event of a personal injury at Universal Studios California include cases of Product liability and Mechanical failure.
What Kinds of Compensation are Available?
If you were injured while at Universal Studios, due to another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation under California law. Your compensation may include some or all of the following:
- Medical treatment — emergency room treatment and other hospital visits
- Physician’s treatment — as an inpatient or outpatient
- Pain and suffering — for mental and/or physical pain and suffering due to an accident caused by another person
- Lost wages and future earnings — If you are unable to work due to the accident, you may be entitled to compensation in the amount you would have earned during the time you’ve been injured. And, you may also receive compensation based on projected loss of future earnings.
- Property damage — for damage to or destruction of your vehicle or other property. You may be entitled to full or partial value of the damaged property
- Punitive damages — compensation intended by the court to punish the negligent party
Universal Studios Personal Injury Statistics
There were reportedly 59 significant injuries at Universal Studios California in 2016 alone, 45 in 2015, and a total of 258 significant injuries during the years from 2011 and 2016. That’s an average of 43 significant injuries reported each year over the past 6 six years.
What Should You Do if You are Injured at Universal Studios?
If you or a loved one has sustained personal injuries in a California Universal Studios accident, you should contact an experienced California personal injury lawyer at Johnson Attorneys Group to ensure that all of your rights are protected and to help you obtain the maximum compensation to which you are legally entitled under California law.
Insurance companies employ an army of experts, investigators, and other professionals to protect their profit margins. You need a skilled attorney as your advocate, to negotiate your best interests and ensure that get all compensation allowed for the Universal Studios accident injuries you have incurred.
Johnson Attorneys Group Is a Universal Studios Accident Lawyer in California
We are a personal injury law firm in California. We provide 12 locations throughout California for our clients’ convenience. Our firm serves clients who have been the victims of accidents such as:
- Car accident injuries
- Slip and fall incidents
- Wrongful death cases
- Amusement park accidents
- Dog Bites
- Other accidents due to another person’s or entity’s negligence
Over just the past few years along, our California accident lawyers have recovered over $50 million in compensation for our clients.
We take all of the time necessary for each client to make sure they thoroughly understand what to expect in the legal process. We will help you step-by-step throughout the process of getting better and obtaining all compensation to which you are entitled.
For More Information
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident at Universal Studios in California, our team of experienced personal injury lawyers is here for you. We will not charge you any legal fees unless we either settle your case successfully or win your case in court. We will provide you with a complimentary evaluation of your case. Just contact Johnson Attorneys Group by calling us at 1-800-208-3538. And, we want to express our sincere hopes for your rapid and complete recovery.