NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (Jan. 5, 2018) -- There's no greater tragedy than to lose a loved one in a traffic accident due to a negligent a drunken driver.Those that survive a DUI crash often suffer devastating injuries or a lifetime disability.
As a personal injury attorney who helps people who have suffered a loss at the hands of a drunk driver, Attorney James Johnson wanted to do something to help bring awareness to this crime and put an end to it.
So this year, Johnson Attorneys Group has established the Never Drink and Drive Scholarship Essay Competition. The law firm is accepting submissions up to March 11, 2018.
Over the years, Johnson Attorneys Group has represented hundreds of clients throughout California and helped them obtain compensation for their many financial losses. They are not alone. More than 10,000 people are killed annually in DUI crashes nationwide, roughly a third of all traffic-related deaths.
Police arrest roughly 1.1 million drivers for DUI, but unfortunately it hasn't stopped the carnage on our roadways, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We know that many young people attending college will be faced with decisions about whether to drive or accept a ride from a driver who is under the influence of alcohol and or drugs.
So it's our hope that through this essay competition we will help remind our youth and their friends, classmates and families of the importance of planning ahead to avoid poor decisions.We hope participants in this scholarship competition join our fight to put an end to drunk driving forever.
Here are the Essay Topics:
- How has drunk driving affected you, a friend or family member?
- Why should we care about drunk driving?
- How would you bring awareness to drunk driving prevention in your community?
Latest posts by James Johnson (see all)
- Hemet Bicycle Accident Florida and Palm Avenues (Sept. 17) - September 19, 2018
- RANDSBERG, CA: Big Rig, Car Crash Highway 395 at Hoffman Road (Sept. 18) - September 18, 2018
- Edward Dutton San Diego Pedestrian Accident at Geneva Avenue and Winston Drive - September 18, 2018