Celebrating New Year’s Eve 2022 — Safely
It doesn’t matter if you are 3 or 103 years old, there are plenty of ways to celebrate a happy and safe New Year’s Eve 2022 throughout California.
Parents can take the kids to a local children’s museum for a pretend countdown at noon. Or the whole family can visit an amusement park for fireworks, rides and other special events. Finally, there’s always a traditional New Year’s Eve party where you can dance the night away and ring in the new year with friends at a party.
Johnson Attorneys Group hopes the 2022 is filled with happiness, health and prosperity. We want to remind you that the roads and freeways are especially dangerous on New Years Eve, but you can always take precautions to minimize this. If you have plans that require driving on the freeway, consider leaving a few hours earlier and make your way there when traffic is light. There may be something you can do in the area close to the event to avoid major traffic jams. If you are going to a friend’s party, ask if they need help and arrive early. It also may make parking easier than if you come later. Also, seat belts do save lives so always make sure you are buckled up.
Another tip is to avoid driving in the fast lane where drivers are at risk of being a victim of a head-on or wrong-way collision. Look left and right as you enter an intersection when the light turns green because drivers often run through the red light on New Year’s eve. Drunk and drugged driving are a reality so it helps to avoid driving late at night or in the early morning hours. However, there are often DUI drivers at all times of the day so be aware of other motorists around you.
Going out? Here are some ideas from around California
REMINDER: LA County’s Public Health order, all persons ages 12+ must be prepared to show proof of full FDA or WHO approved COVID-19 vaccination (a full 14 days after final dose was administered), or a negative test taken within 72 hours of visit, prior to entry to some of these locations.
Whether you are single or you are a parent with children, there are plenty of fun ways to celebrate the 2022 New Year from San Diego to San Francisco and beyond.
- Discovery Cube in Los Angeles 10a.m. to 5 p.m. Ring in the New Year early with a balloon drop for the kids.
- New Year’s Eve presented by Night Dive at the Long Beach Aquarium. A live band playing in the Great Hall and DJs spinning in the galleries. Doors open at 8:00 p.m., countdown is at Midnight open until 1:00 a.m.
- First Night Fullerton, Fullerton, CA. — Canceled this year.
- New Year’s Eve Grape Drop, Temecula, CA. 6 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at Civic Center, 41000 Main St. Ring in the new year Temecula style with the infamous Grape Drop! Celebrate 2022 twice with an East Coast (9pm) and West Coast (midnight) countdown. Live music, food vendors, and kid’s activities.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise, San Francisco, CA. … Treat yourself this Holiday season to Speakeasy™ exquisite VIP Cruise. Join us on New Yea’s Eve for an annual Speakeasy™ NYE Cruise 2022. This themed event will transport you back to the 20’s as you’ll be surrounded by a slew of movers and shakers all decked to the nines.
- MOANY New Year’s Eve Countdown to 2022 at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco.
- Happy New Year, Charlie Brown, Sonoma County, CA. … Celebrate the New Year with the Peanuts Gang! Enjoy fun crafts for kids, make a balloon Snoopy, and watch Happy New Year, Charlie Brown! on the big screen. Plus, do your best Snoopy dance and ring in 2022 with an Up Down Balloon Drop and Baby Balloon Drop (for children 4 and under and their families) at Noon, and a second Balloon Drop at 3:00 pm—including appearances by Snoopy himself!
- Kids’ New Year’s Eve at LEGOLAND, Carlsbad, CA. — Spend the day at one of the largest interactive hands-on theme parks in the country, perfect for children of all ages. Midnight festivities come early at this event so the kids don’t miss their bedtime. The all-day festivities include rides and attractions, plus party hats and special glasses for watching the fireworks. Live music all day keeps everyone entertained. As the countdown to the 6 p.m. conclusion begins, you get to cheer as the LEGO brick falls 22 feet in the air, symbolizing the Times Square ball drop in a LEGO-themed Times Square scene!
- The Children’s Museum at 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 31st at 301 South Euclid Street La Habra. Ring in the “noon” year with dancing, crafts, activities.
- Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park, Orange County. Special fireworks, live entertainment, and extended hours for the one-night event. Merry Farm seasonal performances throughout the day on December 31st.
- Universal Studios in Hollywood. Rides, shows and attractions well into the night. Celebrate with multiple party areas featuring music, dancing, photo ops, drinks available for purchase and a midnight countdown celebration with fireworks.
- Disneyland in Anaheim. Celebrate with fireworks and other activities.
- Sea World in San Diego fireworks show.
- New Year’s Eve with the Symphony at Granada Theatre, Santa Barbara, CA — Bob Bernhardt returns to host an evening of Gershwin and other symphonic celebration favorites. Join baritone Cedric Barry, pianist Natasha Kislenko, and the full orchestra to ring in the New Year. This is your chance to sing-along with The Symphony!
- Grand Park NYELA in downtown Los Angeles.
- Gatsby’s Penthouse LA New Years Eve 2022
- Gatsby’s House NYE at Pasea Hotel in Huntington Beach.
- New Year’s Day 2022 Rose Parade in Pasadena. Purchase tickets or show up on New Year’s Eve to save a spot.
Want to Ring in the New Year at home?
- Backyard Game Night – board games, dice, cards, etc.
- Neighborhood parties or kids parade
- Pot luck or white elephant parties
About Johnson Attorneys Group
Johnson Attorneys Group is a Newport Beach-based practice that handles personal injury, lemon law, family law and employment law throughout California. Also, Attorney James Johnson, founder of the law firm, is a trial lawyer and member in good standing at the California Bar Association. His firm has recovered millions in settlements and verdicts on behalf of deserving clients. He is committed to regular community service and outreach. Additionally, our law firm has offices and meeting locations from San Diego to San Francisco. Contact us at 800-235-6801 if you have legal questions and would like to request a free consultation.
- Karamjit Singh Fatal Fresno Pedestrian Accident Shaw Ave, Marty Avenue - January 11, 2022
- Malik Blakeney Fatal Fresno Crash North and Temperance Avenues - January 11, 2022
- Juan Garcia Fatal San Marcos Crash Santa Fe Avenue, Smilax Road - January 11, 2022